29. November 2018
Magazino’s Navigation & Localization team develops the software that allows our robots to autonomously find their way through dynamic environments like warehouses or production plants. Our simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) system provides our robots with maps of their environment and real-time location estimates based on input from multiple on-board sensors like LiDARS, IMUs and odometers. We further use cloud technologies to enable shared, life-long mapping of dynamic environments among multiple robots. Besides developing proprietary components, we are one of the top contributors of the open-source Cartographer project.
- Development of new features for our multi-robot SLAM stack
- Monitoring and evaluation of the localization accuracy and reliability
- Testing and simulation
- Integration with other components and deployment to real robots at our customer sites
- A background in robotics, computer science, math or related fields
- Interest or knowledge in SLAM algorithms and multi-robot software architectures
- Strong coding skills in modern C++ (C++11 and higher), Python skills are helpful
- Familiarity with GNU/Linux and Git
- First experience with ROS, e.g. in a university project
- Experience in maintaining or contributing to open-source projects (e.g. on GitHub) — Nice to have!
- Knowledge of frameworks like Cartographer, Ceres, scipy, Eigen, gRPC or protobuf — Nice to have!
What we have to offer
- Practical experience on an innovative robot system
- Deep insight in the state of robotics
- Own responsibility and own projects
- Young and innovative team working environment
- Free drinks and food
- Regular teamevents
Magazino is a tech startup and robotics company based in Munich, Germany. Our team of hardware and software engineers is a leader in robot programming and development. Our robots work alongside humans – autonomously, safely and at a level of complexity that no one before us has ever achieved. With over 100 employees, we are the largest Advanced Robotics team in Europe.