13. December 2018
Magazino’s Navigation & Localization team develops the software that allows our robots to autonomously find their way through dynamic environments like warehouses or production plants. Our navigation system switches seamlessly between narrow aisles and open space navigation, applying different algorithms for each case. As we progress towards larger and larger robot fleets operating together, we need multi-robot coordination and near-optimal task allocation. Our navigation strategies are encoded as Behavior Trees that interoperate with the open-source Move Base Flex navigation framework.
- Develop new features for our navigation and multi-robot coordination stack
- Explore alternative algorithms for planning, control and recovery
- Provide tools to automatically analyze statistical data in order to track errors and performance loss
- Help building a full testing setup in simulation
- A background in robotics, computer science, math or related fields
- Interest or knowledge in planning and / or control algorithms
- Interest or knowledge in multi-robot software architectures
- Strong coding skills in modern C++ (C++11 and higher), Python skills are helpful
- Familiarity with GNU / Linux and Git
- Familiarity with ROS, especially with the ROS navigation stack
- Experience in maintaining or contributing to open-source projects (e.g. on GitHub) — Nice to have!
What we have to offer
- Practical experience on an innovative robot system
- Deep insight in the state of robotics
- Own responsibility and own projects
- Young and innovative team working environment
- Free drinks and food
- Regular teamevents
Magazino is a tech startup and robotics company based in Munich, Germany. Our team of hardware and software engineers is a leader in robot programming and development. Our robots work alongside humans – autonomously, safely and at a level of complexity that no one before us has ever achieved. With over 100 employees, we are the largest Advanced Robotics team in Europe.